Friday 24 October 2014

Patient series - Patient 3 Introduction

Patient Number 3 introduction: 

Initial Background Questions:


Please state your age, gender, country of origin and where you live (if different to origin) and how long you have had the condition?


First off I live in Kingston, Massachusetts, USA. I'm 56.

Do you have it in both feet or any hands? 



It appears that I have Dupuytren's in both hands and Ledderhose in both feet. I've had frozen shoulder in both shoulders 1 time, but at the same time.

Please detail any family history or common risk factors which apply to you:


My Dad has Dupuytren's.



Please list any treatments you have had, the time since you had them, the progress (or lack of) after treatment and any side effects:


I have not tried any of the traditional treatments and at this point I'm not planning on it. I'm very much an alternative health sort of person and will be pursuing alternative methods until I find something that works! I just started with the Phosfood by Standard Process. I will be adding the Zyban as soon as I can afford it. I currently eat a Ketogenic type diet which I'm still in the process of tweaking. I've been doing this dietary plan for about 6 weeks. Before that I was doing Paleo/Primal with lots of cheating in the recent months. Before that I was a vegetarian for 24 years, eating way too much junk food. I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian, so not fish, but I ate dairy and eggs.


Please detail any other information from your past which you think may be relevant and not covered in the monthly questions:


N/A


Monthly Questions:



In the last month have you noticed any changes in the pain or size of the nodules? Or have any new nodules have developed?


My feet in the last couple of weeks seem to be a bit worse, but I'm not totally sure that it's the condition or from the dietary changes I've been making. I've been getting cramps in my feet that wake me up just about every night in the last few weeks. However when starting a Ketogenic diet you can have cramps happening a lot depending on your salt levels. So I can't say for sure.

Please list a) The maximum pain b) the average pain c) the minimum pain you experienced this month and anything that improved or worsened the pain. 



My feet have just been feeling uncomfortable, I wouldn't say really painful, just an odd uncomfortable feeling, hard to describe.


My hands have never bothered me, though I think I may have a bit of arthritis in my left baby pinky finger happening. It will hurt if pressing on the joint, but so far it's not showing signs of Dupuytren’s, but I do it in my palm which is a recent addition. Can't say for sure when, but I noticed it about 2 or 3 weeks ago.


In the last month what medication or treatments have you had, please describe in as much detail as possible including whether prescribed or home treatment, if applicable where the treatment was administered, by whom, cost (if happy to share) and how this has impacted the condition


Diet only, see other answers.


Please describe how the condition has impacted you on a daily basis in the last month and any new steps (not treatments) that you have taken to try and alleviate this impact. 


See other answers, no big impact yet


Please describe the level of exercise that you have been able to achieve this month and any specific diets you have used if you think they have impacted the condition.


See other answers


Please list any other information that you think would be useful


N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment