Tuesday 7 February 2012

Snuggle Toes

As I have mentioned in a previous post I had ordered several things to see if they could help to some extent with the pain and the first of those products arrived. Snuggle toes as they are wonderfully named arrived yesterday and of course I had to try them out.

Snuggle Toes are slippers / sock that you can microwave and they stay heated for hours. The idea behind this of course is that the pain for me is worse when cold and better when in the warm foot spa so why not give these a try and see how things go.

The ones I got (as shown in the picture way below) are navy blue mens 7-11 (UK) and to be fair I can get my feet in them but they are tighter than I was expecting as my feet are normally a very wide fitting 9 1/2 ish so thought I would have plenty of room. I am glad to say that they don't smell (the Snuggle toes not my feet which probably do) and I just popped them in the microwave for 120 seconds (our microwave is rubbish and so left it for longer than the recommended 90 seconds) and then as I didn't want to walk in them I hobbled off to bed to try them out.

I went to bed to read at about 8:30 last night and this things were still warm at the very least when I was texting the Old Bag at 10:30 (the pain pen has arrived at their place) they were still warm and cosy and were not anywhere near burning my feet when I put them on. Did they help the pain, well they kept my feet very toasty and this I think in itself helps and so yes I think that there was some reduction in pain because my feet were being treated so nicely. They were also very comfortable and don't put any pressure on your feet and I quite happily fell asleep in them and didn't wake up because they were annoying me or anything like that.

Overall they were a success for me, sure they don't take the pain away properly and they aren't a cure or anything but they make the evenings nice, I don't think I can remember a particularly strong twinge all last night which may only be a coincidence but time will tell.


2 comments:

  1. Very glad to hear this!

    Love from The Old Bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. My foot is hurting quite a bit today and using the foot spa really took the edge off for quite a while and I am hoping that these will do the same when I am trying to go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete