Tuesday 7 February 2012

I got the book, hahahahaha

The book:

Dupuytren's Disease and Related Hyperproliferative Disorders: Principles, Research, and Clinical Perspectives

Today I was given a rather awesome late Birthday present in the form of the above book which I posted about a few weeks ago and was saying how great it would be to have it and now I do. Being a scientist I love to do my research and I really like to know how things work and be up to date with the current understanding. So of course when I found out that I had Ledderhose I wanted to know everything about it and of course there is not that much to find and then I saw this book and whilst it is mainly focused on Duputren's disease a lot of the background science such as the cells that are the main part of the lumps and the cause of both is unknown and in all likelihood the same.

So I have only had this book since late this morning and I can already seen a lot of potential to increase my understanding of the disease and I can see the potential for many useful blog posts on the science of the thing (which I will try and make friendly for the non-science community) and also on lots of other different things that I just didn't have the details on before. As regulars will know along with my usual ranting about my foot I like to post more useful things such as the types of treatments and I think I am going to follow this up by posting about risks and prevalence and symptoms etc as I also think that these will be useful and perhaps I should really have started with those to keep things in chronological order. Still I think that the book is going to be very useful for all of these things and I can't wait to get home and knowing me read it from start to finish making notes and learning as much as I can to share with those that want to know.

Having had a bit more of the book I can see that there is going to be so much that I can post now in top of my usual ramblings (see a bit further down for todays).

So I would like to say a huge thanks to JOA for getting this book for me, it is a great and generous birthday present and I couldn't have picked a better man for the job of best man.

So today was pretty good until I got on the train home and then it was like my foot knew that there was nowhere to sit and I was in a lot of pain for the 8 minute journey, I feel that without some king of proof that I have this thing there is no way I can ask people to move out of their seats on a crowded train but I don't know if anything like that exists, guess it gives me something to do this evening. Well first I am having dinner and a foot spa and then I am going to finish my Surgery post for later but then maybe I will have a look and see if there is anything I can get...

No comments:

Post a Comment