Thursday 31 May 2012

An interesting read on Dupuytren's contracture

I came across this yesterday and thought it was a very interesting read on Dupuytren's http://www.dupuytrens.me.uk/dupuytrens.html

To quote their title...
I am not going to copy what they have said because well that would just be copying but I am going to look through it and try and pick out some key points, unfortunately as far as I can tell the author has left no contact details so I can't get hold of them to ask them some questions or even whether they mind me posting about their story which is why I am going to try and do my best and try and draw things from their experience rather than copy their information (a lot of which I already have here on the blog anyway). In fact I just urge you to read it and I am only going to give a summary below to hopefully get you interested. A lot of time and effort has clearly gone into this one long post and it is almost a bit like my blog all chucked out in one go. 

Summary: 

Male that has Dupuytren's in both hands. He had both hands operated on by different surgeons at different times, the hand operated on later had recurring Dupuytren's and this person thinks it is the fault of the Surgeon. They go on to talk in depth not only about their experience but about the hand, Dupuytren's, Collagen, Fibroblasts, growth factors and some of the alternative treatments, any of that sound familiar? 

No comments:

Post a Comment