Saturday 3 March 2012

Interesting things to post about


I hope to do 2 posts today, this one and the one I promised on Thursday about the Dupuytren’s review. This post is going to be a bit about the kind of research that I have been looking for and failing majorly over the last few weeks. But first (very quickly) for anyone that is interested in Collagenase injections please look at this open publication about it which I hope to cover tomorrow but it is very big and scientific so might take some time for me to read and be able to explain.


Anyway onto some failed research….

1) How do Plantar fibroma’s naturally regress

So as far as I can tell there is very little information out there on how either DD or LD lumps naturally go away, this information would surely be invaluable. I mean imagine if research manages to find out that a group of changes within the lump or surrounding tissue cause it to go away as that same set of changes could then be induced in patients and woo it has gone away.

There are of course many major problems with this. I mean for starts you do not know who will and who won’t naturally regress and on top of that I think that from what I have heard it going away by itself is not all that common. Another major factor would be that not only would you need some tissue from before it regressing but you would also need to have a tissue sample from after the lump and gone. I don’t know about anyone else but I would have serious concerns that if they wanted to take some tissue after it has gone as it would likely trigger it to come back and there would be no way that I would want to take that risk.

2) How common is lack of flexibility of toes?

It is well documented that in Dupuytren’s you get a bending of the fingers but what happens in LD. I mean as I posted about the other day there have been some cases where the toes have bent but what I am more interested in is what I have where you are unable to properly bend your toes and I cannot find anything out there on it. This could be for several reasons, it could be because it is rare and so there are few cases of it documented or it could just be that few people notice it so it doesn’t get documented. This is not really something that can be researched but rather than something that needs to be documented and I am only really interested in it because I show this problem.

I think that is everything that I wanted to post about this morning, I hope to be back later with the DD review and then again tomorrow with the paper I have mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment