Thursday 28 December 2023

It can get better

I haven't posted yet in 2023 and wanted to remedy that. It has been a very busy year, mostly with running! I have discussed my running before but this year it has gone to another level. A Ledderhose patient that had to use a walking stick and weighed at least 19 stone at one point (probably more) is now one of the better runners in his area. I will try and make sure I post about my running elsewhere.

I am sure this won't mean much to people on here but I have broken my records for 10k, 5k and the half marathon with a sub 38, sub 18 and 1:25 (on a tough course) during this year. I have come 1st!!! at parkrun 4 times this year and when racing it (it is a run not a race but that doesn't stop us) have not been outside the top 10. 

My proudest achievement this year is running 2500 miles, a few years ago I attempted to run 2191 miles to raise money and awareness of the British Dupuytren's Society but I failed due to injury. This year I have surpassed 2700 miles and just had an amazing year. I won't rave about my running any more, I will post about that elsewhere but needless to say that if you are currently in pain with Ledderhose there can be a light at the end of the tunnel and people similar to yourselves have found a way out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment