Thursday 29 July 2021

Dupuytren's Practice Blog

 I saw a new blog post by Dr Shaffer posted recently and it is worth considering reading it. The content relates to when is it too early to get RT for Dupuytren's? Now while I know from experience and Dr Shaffers comments the case for Ledderhose is slightly different, however it is good to be knowledgeable that it is not always the right time to have Radiotherapy. 

The Dupuytren's Practice Blog Post

I won't go into the post in detail because that is what the link is for. I have also seen some YouTube videos by Geesis care that I plan on reviewing. There is also a paper on low dose radiation therapy for benign conditions

I originally only scanned the article but noticed TGF mentioned which I had covered previously in a post on the pathways linked to the development of Dupuytren's. Be interesting to see whether the proposed mechanism of action of RT / pathways impacted is the reverse of the expected for the cause of Dupuytren's. 





No comments:

Post a Comment