Tuesday 21 July 2015

3 years post radiotherapy, what a difference

So it has now been 3 years since I finished radiotherapy (well yesterday was) and thing have improved even more since last year. 


I don't think that the improvements since last year have been a direct result of radiotherapy but rather because I can exercise since having had radiotherapy. This year we decided to get fit and lose weight, we have decided to do this using a low-carb diet. 

There were many reasons that we picked this diet and I have actually since found several papers suggesting that the decrease in sugar is good for reducing tumour growth as they can be highly reliant on sugar as their primary energy source. 

And pretty much since starting the diet the residual pain in my foot, for example after exercise, diminished and has now gone. It is great that I hardly have to actually consider my foot any more. The only time that I notice it now is when I step on something without my trainers on. 

The lifestyle change has gone really well and I have lost a significant amount of weight and my dreams of one day running a marathon are back on, who would have thought that 3 years ago! 

Left: Wedding July 2015, Right Wedding August 2014
This year has also been eventful because of the amazing trip to Groningen. The conference was amazing and I learnt a lot. Thank you to everyone for the support again and as usual if there is anything you want to know then please ask and I will do my best to cover it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment