Thursday 29 January 2015

Plantar Fibroma and marathon running

Today I came across a story, the story was not primarily about Ledderhose but about a brother becoming a marathon runner after his brother died of one whilst running one himself. However the article mentions that the person in question had to have an operation for a fibroma on his plantar fascia. This keen runner still then goes on to run a marathon and then runs it in 2 hours and 20 minutes which is an amazing time for anyone let along someone who has had a plantar fibroma operated on. 


Now whilst I am not planning on running a marathon, at least not any time soon, I am hoping to beat both my 5 and 10k personal bests this year and work towards training for a 10 mile race next year. I know that my body is coping well with running and it is helping my weight to come down.

It would be great to hear from anyone else that has had any treatment (or none) and gone on to do running. I think from my experience the best advice I could give is to make sure you get proper running trainers and make sure they are the right type for you. I need the ones with the extra support on the outside from where I had been putting all my weight on the outside of my foot.



No comments:

Post a Comment