Sunday 20 May 2012

Optimism, Hope and Success

Today I am writing the day before I start radiotherapy for my Ledderhose or plantar fibromatosis or whatever you want to call it. I have been looking round on the net and thinking through the conversations that I have had with people and I am optimistic of its chances of working.

I am regularly telling people that it has 80% chance of helping compared to the 80% chance of recurrence that is seen in surgery. This optimism gives me hope that there will soon be a day where maybe I am not using a stick all day every day and I am again allowed to get on the badminton court. 

I am of course going to try and keep as much information as I can and then share this with everyone on here so that it might help anyone else in the UK that is looking to get radiotherapy and it might help people worldwide as well.

As for my attempt yesterday to raise awareness will I think it was a success. I had double the number of visitors I have been getting on average in the last 2 weeks and it was one of my highest page-view days for months. I also had another post on my forum although I doubt this was due to my twittering.

Anyway fingers crossed for the week to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment