Friday 20 April 2012

Rasing Awareness Tomorrow

So tomorrow is the day of the big run, my wife and her family are getting together to run 35km in total both for the treatment of my Ledderhose with radiotherapy and so that we can hopefully also make a donation to the British Dupuytren's Society. I am afraid that this does mean that tonight we are staying in London so posts will have to wait. I am hoping to get a couple of good posts done over the weekend to complete my series on the factors that predispose you to Dupuytren's (and I am assuming by association Ledderhose). This will include smoking, epilepsy and if I get the time may be a bit on genetics. I am also hoping to do a video post on how radiotherapy works and whether it does indeed work.

We are hoping that in the process of this run we can raise awareness of Dupuytren's and Ledderhose in several ways.

1) By having the British Dupuytren's logo and my foot logo on running tops and tops we will get peoples attention and maybe a couple of them will look it up when they get home, or they will ask us about it.

2) By handing out leaflets we can make people aware of what it is like to have Ledderhose disease and how a lot of healthcare professionals have a lack of understanding in how to treat this disease and how there is very little effective treatment out there. These leaflets have useful websites on the back so that should these people want to do more than just read up on it they can.

This should be a busy weekend as I also have other personal things to do and I am also hoping to make a start on some of the Ledderhose content for the British Dupuytren's Society which I am helping them to update. I have also made some more suggestions about the site in general many of which were simple and have already been changed.

I will try to make sure to also come back with lots of picutres of everyone running and don't forget you can donate on the side of this blog if you want to help us and potentially many more people. The more money we get the more goes to the British Dupuytren's Society.

Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment