Tuesday 16 February 2021

500,000 page views (almost)

I have had some interesting discussions in the last few days around Ledderhose, it has been a long time since that has been the case and it was interesting delving back into some Ledderhose based stuff. These conversations led me to looking at the blog and realising that I am fast approaching half a million page views. 

On the one hand that is not a huge number of page views in the grand scheme of things but at the same time I have not posted frequently in a long time and the blog is about a rare condition so the potentially viewer pool is pretty small. 

This year, in November, will also mark 10 years since I launched the blog. I have come a long way and posted about a lot of things in that time frame. The most popular post is still the original post of my story, I have expanded this as I have gone and it does track my progress pretty well. 

On one of my chats I mentioned attending the Symposium and could not believe that was 6 years ago, fingers crossed the next one manages to take place. Attending and presenting at the symposium was a fantastic experience, I learnt a lot and feel that the BDS / IDS showed that patient advocacy can be useful. 

Other highlights include all the patients and professionals I have interviewed and of course on a personal note in that time I have gotten married and had a child. 

So thank you to everyone who has viewed or contributed to the site since I started it, maybe in another 10 years I will be hitting 1 million views!!! 



1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have plantar fibromatosis. A little back story.
    I lost my right leg due to bone tumors and finally collapsed from all the trauma and the fibromas. My left foot has taken a beating being overused and now the plantar fibromas are rearing their ugly head on my one remaining foot. Ankle pain, calf tightnes,arch pain and contractures. I'm so scared that I will lose this leg too because treatments are always trial and error. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

    ReplyDelete